fun personal sites
- muto.ca, a cool small-computery emacsy person, with a camera
- equa's space
- yesterweb ring: previous next
- hotline webring: previous next
- geekring: previous random next
- retronaut webring: previous next
- neocities.org - handmade website community
- libgen.fun - get textbooks for free
- happycow.net - find vegetarian food
- scratchpad - a local page for writing stuff on
- forlater.email, read it later via email
lifestyle & culture
- food storage beyond the refrigerator
- polari, british gay slang
- a directory of handmade websites
- evolution of food through time
- notes on heximal number notation
- the wonderful low tech magazine
- heal your living - extreme minimalism youtube channel
- racket - a rather nice lisp
- tic-80 - a tiny fantasy console computer thing. program it in lua or fennel
- debian, the most okay os i've found right now
- making a roguelike in pico-8 youtube series
tv series i like
- the good place
- avatar: the last airbender
- neon genesis evangelion
- serial experiments lain
- bo burnham's make happy
- shen zhou's poet on a mountaintop
- blog about avant-garde computer interaction
- glorious trainwrecks - people making random weird games
- special.fish - a sort of social network where every user gets a page, and can link to other users pages or make lists.
- post office - a text bulletin board which moves very slowly, where people talk about things.
- sushigirl.us - an imageboard with quite a focus on japanese culture, but also various other things like food and computers.
- gossips.cafe - a little bulletin board thing with opening hours. people don't talk about lots, but everyone is very friendly.
- tilde.town - a decent sized community of really nice creative individuals.
- breadpunk.club - a pubnix about bread, for bread.
- heathens.club - a little pubnix for appreciating history, old culture, nature, that sort of thing.
- philosophy tube - a wonderful youtube channel that discusses philosophical views and history. production level a million.
alternative search engines